Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloweeen

We woke up earlier than usual this morning, loaded up the stroller, and headed to Rockefeller Plaza to the Today Show. It was our first experience at a Morning Show. We didn't stay long, only long enough to get a good shot on the camera for our friends and family to see Jack in his "Taxi" costume and then come back home. Our lead pastor, Aaron, and his wife Carmen have made it their Halloween tradition to go and let Ezra get on TV so the grandparents can see him dressed up and they invited us to go with them this year. I can see it becoming our family tradition as well. Security let us in a side section and within 5 to 10 minutes the camera was right on Jack and Ezra. Jack was unsure about the Taxi while we were home, but I guess the thought off wearing it grew on him as we got closer and closer, because he didn't complain. Maybe it was because he got to be on Daddy's shoulders that made it ok. Afterwards we came back to our neighborhood and ate breakfast at McDonalds. Freddy had somewhere better in mind, but we settled for there so I wouldn't have to walk anymore.

I don't know if we'll do anything tonight or not. I was worn out after this morning, just woke up from a 2 hour nap, Jack is still out. I told Freddy that since Jack won't care one way or the other, that might be our Halloween fun for the day, I'm pretty sure he was ok with that as well. However, I do think there is a lot to do in the city and in our area for little ones tonight.

It's Friday, I don't cook on Fridays, so a nice meal prepared by someone else and a restful evening at home sounds good to me. For the rest of you out there, enjoy Trick or Treating and Happy Halloween!Waiting for the subway this morning.
Mr. Taxi

A rear view

Ezra, the Pirate and Jack before we headed home.



I think Jack is more interested in tearing it up than wearing it.

When you ask him what he was for Halloween he says " A taxi, vrooom, vrooom."
Matt Lauer getting his make up touched up
Al, the Gingerbread Man

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

glenna marshall said...

Crack me up!! Susan--his costume is GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing my taxi man on TV. Jack you looked precious. Susan and Freddy T., you did a good job being creative. Something makes me think Susan did more work than Freddy T.. why would I think that? Love to all of you. Great Gran

Freddy T. Wyatt said...

yes, i was the idea man. I came up with the idea... Susan built the frame while I was at work...i painted most of the yellow, and she handled all the black. It was lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

that little mister taxi has got to be the cutest thing i ever did see!

Anonymous said...

I apologize for not giving you more credit, Freddy T.. Your idea was great. Frank had recorded the show and we were able to see it in still frame on their TV, and we could see you standing among the crowd to the left of the set after the camera had zoomed in on Jack, also. It was great being able to see each of you in "action". Love you, Great Gran

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the effort to allow family to join in on the halloween fun!!! It would have been great to see you all. Alvin and Theodore had a great time. We miss you guys a bunch!! Jack looked great!! Maybe when Lillie and Elliott get here Jack can be the taxi driver and they can be the passengers. Work on that on for next year. hahah love Aunt Di