Sunday, October 03, 2010

Two Years In New York City

Two years ago today I boarded the plane in Nashville with Jack and Freddy T.'s cousin Hannah to move to our new home here in New York City. Freddy T. had moved up the day before to get the truck unloaded before I got here. I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with Lillie and Elliott.

In some ways it feels like we've been here a lot longer than 2 years, in other ways it has flown by. I have been thinking about this post all day. I can't really pull my thoughts together to make a coherent post. There have been so many rewarding days and adventures here in the city and many hard, trying days. We are so grateful to be a part of The Gallery Church. Freddy T. is doing a great job leading and challenging the people here. Time and time again we've been encouraged and affirmed. Freddy T. acclimated to the city much faster than I did. Our daily grinds have been so very different, but I've heard him tell people recently that he thinks I've hit my stride and I feel the same way.

More than anything today I've been thinking about how today marks the longest we've ever lived in the same city since we've been married. I kind of feel like I'm entering new territory.

September 2004 to December 2004-New Brunswick, NJ
Mid-January 2005 to Late December 2006-Louisville, KY
January 2007 to October 2008- Clarksville, TN
October 2008 to present- New York, NY

So my prayer is that we would keep growing in Christ. That our marriage would grow and thrive. That our kids would remain strong and healthy and grow to know the Lord, and that God would continue to use us at The Gallery and make us bold Christians in this dark city.

This is us at Mark and Becky Gebel's wedding. The ceremony took place in a park on the East River with the Brooklyn Bridge in the background.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, It seems like an eternity since you left Clarksville. When you told me you were moving I thought I would never see you again. I have been so blessed in being able to travel to NY and that you have been able to come back to Clarksville for visits. May God continue to bless the Wyatt family and use you to Glorify His Kingdom and I pray that He will always keep each of you safe. Your comments brought tears to my eyes. I love you, Great Gran

Christi said...

What a milestone! I pray that the Lord continues to bless your family in His work there in NYC and that He continues to allow us to have a friendship, even over so many miles! Love you all!
~Christi

Melcy said...

Susan! What a blessing YOU and Freddy T. have been to Gallery Church and to this city. I (along with many others, I am sure) am very thankful that God led you here and to Gallery Church. You are in my prayers and I praise God for The Wyatts!

ps. I think you are definitely in your stride too... you amaze me!