Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Past 6 Months

The past 6 months came and went and our time with Mary and Lydia is officially over. They came in March with an agreement to help us out for 6 months. They moved back to South Carolina two Saturdays ago. The help they gave me over their time here can hardly be expressed. I am very grateful for the sacrifices they made to come to this city and serve our family. As in all experiences we learned a lot and I know they did too. Please pray for them as they try to discern what it is next on their journey. That God will give them peace and wisdom to move forward.
Mary and Lydia, I am extremely grateful for what you gave to me while you were here.
I didn't have one with everyone looking. And the kids had to be bribed with suckers to even sit still for a picture.
So now it's mostly back to normal for the Wyatt family. Staying true to Wyatt fashion(we've had someone living with us for almost 3 years, on and off again, Brandon H., Hannah, Chris, Lydia and Mary, Brandon M.) we didn't gain the bedroom back when the girls moved out. Brandon Moore has moved in with us. Brandon is from TN, a graduate from Union University, Freddy T. was his middle school pastor back in the day. Brandon has a special testimony that he will be sharing with The Gallery this coming Sunday. You'll want to be sure to check it out on the podcast. He is interning with The Gallery while taking seminary classes at the SBTS extension center here in NYC. He is not here to help me with kids, however, there are two girls who go to college here in the city that are interning at the church and will help me once a week. I'm grateful for that!

1 comment:

kathy said...

I'm thankful Lydia and Mary were there to give you an extra set of hands and let you have your Tuesday free time!

I'm glad I got to meet the girls and if they're reading this, I certainly wish them well as they continue their journey through life! Mom