Sunday, January 08, 2006

06 hit the ground running gratefully serving our King

I'm back in Louisville now ready to start a Jan-term tomorrow morning. 8-5 everyday this week.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of preaching on worship at Southeast's College Retreat in Gatlinburg. It was a blessed time.

Jan 2-5, I was thrilled to serve as a community group facilitator at Passion 06. I facilitated our group of 1600ish into groups of 8 and then in discussion and prayer. Enjoy a photo slide show of the conference here. I had the privledge of leading "forrest green" community group with Todd Fields. Todd was a joy to get to know and work with. You can download his music here. The conference wrapped up on Thursday morning. That afternoon Dr. Al Mohler, the president of the Seminary I attend, interviewed Dr. John Piper and Dr. John MacArthur on his radio show. The interview included a good portion about Passion 06. Check out the interview here.

Please pray for Dr. Piper as he has just recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. God has raised him up in our generation in an amazing way. Let us pray for this servant of the Lord.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in response to the previous post - i know you've always wanted to have someone paint behind you while you preached. it looks like it turned out wonderfully - glad to see that vision of yours come to reality.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let Susan know that there is a Beth Moore conference for Pastor's wives and Seminary studnet wives March 31-April 1st in Chattanooga. I just signed up and was surprised that it wasn't sold out yet. You can get there through the Lifeway web site.
Later,
Emily Doss

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I think that would be amazing. I probably can't get off work for it. I'm going to a conference of hers in Feb. in Birmingham with my mom and aunts. Thanks for the info. though.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Freddy T!!!! I was roaming the internet and found your all's blog. It'll be good to see what's goin' on in your life. I will probably be giving you a shout out soon about a camp possibility in the summer so be ready.
I'll catch ya later.

Josh Brickey