Monday, January 16, 2006

40 Wonderful Years

My Dad and Mom celebrated their 40th anniversary last week. It is difficult to find the right words to congratulate them and to describe the dedication to one another they have displayed through the years. Their commitment is rich. They are to be commended. Marriage is challenging. Delightful, but difficult. My parents have endured great challenges along the way. 40 years is an amazing accomplishment! God has been good and gracious!

We gave them a surprise party this past Saturday. We sent them on a clue hunt around town, where they were lead to significant places in their lives. I had the huge privilege of administering the renewing of vows in the church building that they were married in 40 years ago!

Way to go Mom and Dad! I love you both!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post some pictures of the renewing of the vows...that sounds beautiful and neat!

Anonymous said...

Hey Freddy T! I actually just found out about your website from my dad so I thought I would check it out. It has been good reading. :) Just thought I would let you know I was here. Oh and great job to you and Susan, Kristi and Bubba and Diana and Scott for your celebration of your mom and dad's 40 remarkable years. It was a wonderful night and the love and happiness between them and the family was heart warming. I'll be readin'. <3 ~ Lindy Jo

glenna marshall said...

Freddy T,
my digital camera takes short videos and I upload them on to my computer like normal photos, then go to www.dropshots.com and upload them, then paste the code in to your weblog entry and tada--there you have it! It's easy, free, and really cool. Let me know if you have any other questions. William called you the other day to see how you were doing. Did you get his message?
Thanks--hope the video thing works for you.
Glenna