Tuesday, December 13, 2005

When is the last time...

you broke bones playing tag football? Well for my Mom and Brother-in-Law, that would be this past Thanksgiving. Oh tis true, tis true! The teams were Susan (my wife), Hannah (my cousin), Scott (my brother-in-law), and Me going up against -- Bubba (my brother-in-law), Mary Coleman (my mom), Lucas (my cousin), Aaron (my cousin), and Diana (my sister - she only played for a few minutes and had to go to the bathroom).

Our family you see, is very serious about their football...or so it seems. This is the first game I remember a big group of us playing in a while but I think there will be others to follow soon.

Mary Coleman took one for the team as she deflected a pass that may have prevented a touchdown. (i really don't remember the play...it just sounds good so i'll give my mom the props.) She injured her finger...injured bad. Broke actually. She told us she thought she broke it, but did she go get ice...noooooooooo, did she take a break? Nooooooo. She continued on with the broken finger. The only thing that would have made the story would be if her team had won.

Scott, while almost deflecting a pass was tripped by Lucas...at least that is the way Susan remembers it, and flew about 3 feet horizontal before he hit the ground ever so gracefully...he hit hard yet finished his fall in a nice olympic like forward roll up onto his feet. He immediately felt pain in his shoulder. Did he take a break? Did he get a sub? Noooooo! He drove his team to victory!!! He did this with 2 broken ribs as he would find out after he went to the doctor a week later because of the pain.

Did I mention this was a "tag" football game? Yea, I think I did.

Maybe we'll play tackle next year and no one will get hurt.

Maybe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were injured... injured bad!

Anonymous said...

The best part about this is Susan's comment. I laughed until I had to go to the bathroom again. haha Also I'll get you a picture of the winning team for you to post. Diana

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason I was a better spectator than a player! Of course, I break bones stepping in holes in front of restaurants during the noon rush. More dramatic that way with the ambulances, police cars, and fire trucks that always show up.
Hope everybody is on the mend now.
Is everybody ready for Christmas? We are as ready as we will ever be.
We aren't having the big family get together anymore. That many people in the house is a bit much for Guyton. The kids come by at their leisure one family at a time.
Merry Christmas to everybody!

Anonymous said...

susan's comment made me laugh so hard.

hope you all are renewed with the joy of salvation this christmas.

my love to you both!
(thanks for the link...BARELY BLOGGIN??? haha okay i guess that's true...)

Anonymous said...

Freddy T, you forgot to mention who the MVP was of the game. The one who normally get's hurt, but didn't. && who lead your team to
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!
-Hannah-