Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Birthday Present that Keeps on Giving

I received a key chain from my parents for my birthday a little over a week ago. I also received David Crowder's new cd (which rocks) from my sister Diana and her family. The key chain is one that is triggered to make a beeping noise similar to a radar detector when someone whistles. I'm not quite sure what to think of the key chain...actually I think I do know the message behind it...and well Susan will certainly benefit from it considering I will not be badgering her about where my keys are and she will be blessed by beautiful whistling tunes periodically around the house.

Well the other day I was on the way out of the house and couldn't find my keys and proceeded to walk through the house whistling. I quickly came upon my "radar detecting beeping" key chain and keys. I made my way out to the car excited to listen to my Crowder cd for the first time. A few songs into the cd...i thought "man...all of their songs seem to have the same kind of sound." Well turns out what I was hearing was my key chain. Every song on the cd, set my key chain off to is ever so beautiful beeping.

Susan and I were in Murfreesboro this weekend when I left my keys on top of the car. We took a hard curve and heard something sliding across the roof and hit the pavement and instantly I began whistling to see if my keys were in the car...no beeping informed us that it was indeed my keys that went sailing. We pulled over and recovered the keys.

Last night Susan and went and saw "Pride and Prejudice." Amazing movie! I put my phone on silent when the message came on the big screen to turn cell phones and pagers off. I thought we were set. Shortly after the movie begins...I hear a soft beeping noise coming from my pocket. You guessed it...the movie set the keychain off. I passed it to Susan for her to bury it in her purse. The key chain has no on/off switch. Just a battery. And well...it works.

That is the birthday present that keeps on giving.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled Freddy T. got a "key detector" for his birthday. However, it gets me in trouble because the other day when the keys flew off the roof of the car and Freddy started whistling, I began laughing really hard... needless to say it was not the most appropriate time to break into laughter, but I'm sure you can imagine, noise of something sliding across the roof of the car, Freddy starts whistling... it still makes me laugh thinking about it! And because he is such a good sport, Freddy laughs with me about it now too!

john mark said...

That gift is awesome! I lost my keys (somewhere in my home last week - yet to be found). Karen definitely has had her share of, "have you seen my keys?" I'm glad for you Susan :)

Anonymous said...

Freddy T!! i was over at Hannah and Lukes for christmas. They showed me your blog and that video of the cute boy! (by the way that is HILLARIOUS!!!)
I hope u had a great christmas!!
Talk to yah later!!
*JULIE*

Brandon R. Reed said...

I am whistling right now at my house...I am trying to find a beeper for my set of keys, and I can't find one. Even when i whistle. I need one bad because I am always losing my keys. Do they make one for papers that professors want that I "can't find?" haha.

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea. I should probably get the "key detector" as well, as I have inherited my dad's early alzheimer's. Oh! I saw Daniel's CD at Mary's Music in Clarksville when I was home over Christmas. Good to see. Anyway.