Saturday, July 30, 2005

A Wild Next Year!

The next year promises to be a sure adventure! Mid August I will be starting seminary back up as ususal, which I am so excited about. Next Friday Susan will report to her first required day at Whitfield Christian Academy. This next year she will work as an 8th grade teacher with focus areas in Science, Social Studies, and Bible. This will be her first experience as a teacher. We are both very excited about her transition into this new job, with new people and new responsibilities. The adventure continues as we will be travelling to Clarksville, Tennessee to our home church every weekend where I will be preaching for their new engaging worship gathering. This summer I have had the great priveledge of preaching for "Journey" which has been meeting on Friday nights. Discerning God's leadership they are moving this worship gathering (strategically/experimentally) to Sunday mornings. This is no small move for the church. The potential for this gathering city shaking, global sending, and eternity denting. Please pray for Steve Moore who will be leading the music and band and myself and we seek God humbling ourselves before Him in preparation for the coming days. We greatly need your prayers.

My committment for preaching in Clarksville is a year. Next summer I should be wrapping up seminary...where from there? Clarksville, Cleveland, or Canada...(not excluded to those) Where-ever He leads we'll go.

Needless to say...come August we are boarding a wild ride. While I am sure some tired days are ahead, I have never been more convinced my greatest joy is knowing God and being spent out for his church, kingdom, and glory! We hope to see and have sweet time with many of you along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FREDDY T!!!!

Ok, so let me update you on the happenings here in Knoxville at FBC (and around town). School starts the 11th (ugh) and, as usual, will prove to be both a challenge and a blessing. Today was Summer Insanity where we pick up our schedules and take school pictures. First semester will be the easiest one I've ever had, the second will be the hardest I've ever had-so prayers are greatly appreciated! The church is still looking for a new youth minister, and as far as I know, still hasn't found one. I'm sure there are a few canidates, but they haven't told us anything yet. In two Sundays (August 14th), we are having a student-led Sunday morning for the main worship services. This will include our student band, student-led prayers, students teaching, student speakers, and student ushers/greeters. I signed up to speak about our mission trip to NYC, but I haven't heard anything back yet. If I did, it would require me talking in front 3000 people for two services. I'm not the type of person who is easily embarrassed ( hence the Shrek/Fiona video during camp) or gets stage fright. On the other hand, I've never spoken in front of nearly that many people. But I am SO excited, even if I don't get to speak. I want the rest of the church to see how much we care and really love the Lord. Megan is speaking about youth camp and unity in our youth group. She will probably mention you, but good things! I'll be keeping you and Susan in my prayers. I'm glad you all had a great time at the beach! I've been dogsitting for the past week, but thankfully tonight is my last night. Anyways, I think that is about it for now. I would love to keep in touch with you. My email is kristap2@aol.com.
~Kylie~