Wednesday, August 03, 2005

An interesting thing happened last weekend...

You see I began to realise that I have a much larger reading audience that the comments on my blog would indicate. A few friends here, a family member there and few more here...etc. The thing is none of these folks had left any comments (which is quite alright.) For the blogger (that's me) one has to decide is the time I put into blogging worth it. Unless someone has a "hit counter" which records how many hits your site gets, then the only way a person can gage what kind of reading audience he or she has is by the amount of comments left...or so I thought. But to my pleasant surprize, two good friends of mine told me last weekend that they had bookmarked my blog...one actually dogged me a little for not blogging during vacation...he was dogging me that week for not posting anything because he didn't know I was on vacation...(yes you two know who you are)...anyways, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I had many more folks reading my blog than I realised. This is exciting and will most definitely result in more blogging...so stay tuned and spread the word about the "Laughing and Learning Blog".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freddy T.,

Keep bloggin'! I enjoy reading your site too. Just thought I'd let you know -- I obviously don't post much but I am "laughing & learning" from your blogs.

Anonymous said...

Freddy-

I usually check this site about every other day, so you need to update it for people like me who seem to find the time to check your blog quite a bit. We enjoy reading about whats going on in your life. Hope you and Susan are encouraged and I'll hopefully see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

It is always a bit exciting though often unnerving to find that there are more than make themselves present reading your online goings ons, is it not? It happens to me quite a bit as well; I just had three cousins say they check my blog-type page at least weekly.
I gave my word last night that I would post some of my information in a comment, so yes, I have read your snippets and stories a number of times and you are welcome to mine in return. I use livejournal along with a friend of mine from florida though we are not as specifically explicit and it seems a little more abstract, we use it to keep in touch with each other and our creative sides. Please feel free to read, look, and leave any comments, questions, suggestions, or counter-arguments that might arise while doing so. Again, it was a spectacular summer at Real Life and I would certainly say that your teachings have been a welcome highlight to every week.
God Bless Freddy,
Bradley Speaks.
bas4t@virginia.edu
www.livejournal.com/users/thedouble_talk/

Anonymous said...

Yessss...I think you're talking about me, FT!

Love yall. Bring Susan to Cville with ya soon!!

"When you're slidin' into second, & you feel a little beckon..."

Ohh gosh, I'll never grow up.

Anonymous said...

The secret to my successful website is "Laughing and Learning." I cut and paste from it directly to my website.

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mindy said...

Freddy,
I don't know if you remember me from UTM or FBC in Clarksville, but I happened on your blog from Stephen Caveness's and thought I would say 'hi' since I like getting little comments on my own blog and knowing who was there.
-Mindy (Millliken) Miller

p.s. i deleted the one above because i messed up what i was trying to say :)