Saturday, July 30, 2005

Back from Vacation

I know some of you wondered where the blogging went last week. I was away Eating, Sleeping, and Playing with the in-laws for 6 days under the same roof. May sound like a nightmare to some, but it was a heavenly vacation for me! After the camp in Knoxville, Susan and I made our way down to Panama City to join her Mom's side of the family who arrived the day before. From the minute we arrived our time was pure refreshment. I love her (now my) family! This is an enormous blessing. I did not doubt that I would enjoy spending time with Sus' family, I have known them for a long time and have always enjoyed their company. But I felt totally free to be myself around all of them the whole time. The acceptance and love they have recieved me with into their family would have made our time wonderful even in we were in Kansas or something...although I do think we were all grateful we were at the beach. So...Susan, Gran, Kathy, Donna, Leann, Ken, John, Sam, James, Sarah, Frank, Katherine, and Amber...thanks for making vacation such a wonderful experience!

While I thought I would be ready to hit the ground running when we got back...I've been a little drudgy. I'm finally feeling back in the swing of things now...so be looking for more blogging to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just now loggin on and getting caught up on your entries and came across this one. It was a fun, relaxing week - a brief escape for all of us! Thanks for spending your vacation with us - loved being with you and Susan. thanks for the sweet comments!