Saturday, January 30, 2010

Help Is On The Way- Part 3

During the month of August Freddy T. and I started talking about needing to move to a different apartment than where we were living. I loved our neighborhood. Our apartment was ok, nothing special, and we had the best neighbors. We loved them! But our rent was really more than we wanted to be paying and knew we could move to a bigger apartment for less rent in a different neighborhood. We decided to move to Harlem based partly on knowing that someone was coming to live with us in January. We moved into a 3 bedroom apartment so our helper could have their own room and we actually have an extra bathroom too, which worked out great. Things seemed to be coming together well. October through December were challenging months for me as far as wanting to get out with my kids and not having a lot of options of places we could go without using public transportation. I remember telling Freddy T. that I was so hopeful about having help. It was going to open my world up so much and really enhance my experience living in the city and the kids too. (I could go on and on about how it would help.)

Not long before Christmas we got sad news. Our friend who was coming had to make a hard decision, for personal reasons, and decided that now was not going to be a good time for her to come live with us. Our hearts were crushed. We understood and certainly supported her in her decision, but that didn't answer my question of "what do we do now?" There was only one other person I could think of that we knew from working at The Gallery this summer that could be available to come. After a phone call with her and a few days of prayer she decided that it wasn't going to be the best option for her to come either. I was discouraged. I had no idea who could come, but the fact remained... I needed help. Part of what was so comforting about the other situations was that we knew them. There was a history, they were not strangers. After Christmas I kind of mentally shifted my thoughts and decided that it just wasn't going to work out and began making plans in my mind about how we were going to use the extra space.

The Lord does answer prayers... last post tomorrow.

By the way. Earlier this month a friend of mine posted on Facebook "she rises while it is yet night"... this lady sets a difficult standard..." One of her comments read "she also has maidservants to help her do her work..." SHE HAD HELP! What a relief!

2 comments:

pam said...

HELP!! :) I am praying for you today Susan. I am snowed in and feel like I am trapped and want to get out today, but its too cold and I can't get out of the driveway, much less the neighborhood! Will check tomorrow to see outcome of your posting, Help Is On The Way :) Blessings to you.

Christi said...

Bless your heart! Isn't God's word soothing! I can't wait to read the rest of your "story"! Love ya'll!