Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Next Big Question.... is it a boy or a girl?

All the times of feeling sick and being sick paid off in a big way today. We went to the doctor this morning and heard the most amazing sound we’ve ever heard in our lives. After what seemed like a long time of trying to find the heartbeat, which I’m pretty sure was only 5 or 10 seconds, relief flooded my heart to hear that baby’s strong, healthy heartbeat. As I relaxed to take it all in, Freddy kept saying “Wow! That’s amazing, Wow! The sound of that heart beating is one we could listen to all day long and never get enough of . I told Freddy, “I hope as long as I live I never forget what that sounded like today.” As some of you know this appointment was much anticipated, because the Daddy prayed for triplets. Unless we missed something today, we are pretty sure there is only one baby growing inside there. How can anyone who has ever heard the beating of their child’s heart for the first time doubt for one second that God does not exist? He is truly working a miracle inside of me right now.

Everything is right on track. The doctor said I was healthy and believe it or not I’ve actually lost 4 pounds being pregnant. Nothing to worry about though. January 1st is still the expected due date which means the holidays could be very interesting in our family this year. I’ll go back to the doctor in 3 weeks, and then after that we can schedule an ultra sound to determine if we have a girl or a boy.

I’m still in complete amazement of how good God has been to us. Thank you for all of you who are praying for us and our baby. We are looking forward to continuing to share our journey together.

10 comments:

Sunny said...

Conrats Mom and Dad! That first heartbeat is so beautiful. You won't forget. *You may not know this, but you can get a doppler monitor at Babies r Us (Bebe Sounds is one brand--I think) and once you get to 12 or 13 weeks, you can hear the baby's heart beat at home. They are only $20 or so.

Take care!

PS--I HAD SUPER SEVERE MORING SICKNESS...and Zofran was the only drug that helped without putting me in a coma. I took it until I delivered. Email if I can be any help to you. :)

Lori said...

Congrats!!!Well I had a 1st today also. I walked in after the girls nap to get them up. Taylor looked at me and as always said, "hey!!" Then she said biper (diaper) and pointed down in her bed. Needless to say she was pointing at her poopy diaper laying in her crib. I'm hoping to get them potty trained this summer, but it's gonna be very tough.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you both! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is something you will never forget. And to make sure, may I offer an idea that I did with both of our boys? Go to Build-a-Bear workshop...there is one at the Summit, and buy a "custom recorder." They are $7 or so. Take it with you to the Dr. next time,and have the OB do an extra long listen to the heartbeat. You can record it! Then you and Freddy T. can Build-a-Bear for the Baby, and He or She will always have it! Plus it is so much fun to do! Freddy T. will like it too! Eric did! It is a sweet reminder of your first feelings! Just thought I'd throw my thoughts in. Hope they are helpful!
EmiLee Stephens

Anonymous said...

Susan,

If you don't want to spend the money for the home doppler monitor to hear your baby's heartbeat, I'll tell you what I did. I called up several of the local TV stations and asked for the weather department. Then I asked the meteorologists where the stations' super doppler radars were located. My husband and I picked out the closest one (which happened to be the Triple Team Doppler Radar with First Alert Viper Technology,) and set the VCR to record the evening news. We drove out to the radar and I pressed my belly against it as the weather report was coming on the TV. (We had a small hand-held TV, so we knew when it was coming on.) When they showed the live, super doppler radar on the news, you could hear a VERY LOUD boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. It really put the little home unit that we had tried out in the store to shame. Anyway, we were very pleased, and it only cost us about $5.82 in gas. (We already had the VCR tape...we just taped over the Survivor season finale that we had already watched several times, and we had the hand-held TV already too, so we saved at least $14.18!!!! And, as I said before, it was a whole lot louder than the units they sell in the stores.

The Build-A-Bear thing sounds fun too, but our baby is allergic to bears, so we couldn't do it.

Freddy T. Wyatt said...

who is this experience mother? This is hilarious!!! Please tell me who the brilliant mind behind this was!

Anonymous said...

Whoever it was must not know you very well. If they did, she'd know not to suggest anything that crazy to you cause you'd try it. I like the build a bear idea Emilee. oh it is great hearing advice from you E. Isn't it neat that you are the one now giving the advice. Wow what experience you have now. Tell the baby Aunt Di said I love him/her.

Lori said...

I've started looking for a good daycare. I plan on spending the next few weeks finding a great place for them. I'm so excited about teaching again. I'm pumped that I have the chance to have a good teaching experience, since my first was so awful. I am most nervous about taking the girls to daycare. We feel like this is God's plan so we're just doing what we need to do. God has called Dustin to start a college ministry at our new church. He will be volunteering to do this. We need to be closer to church so that he can be more involved. We live 30 min. away now. So I need to work so we can afford to move. I'm excited and nervous.

We did hear about Aaron from Donovan. I talk to Donovan a little on MySpace. I think thats great. We really miss everybody from up there.

Anonymous said...

Beware of the "divit head" syndrome..

-B.Ware@newtheology.com

Anonymous said...

Susan and Freddy T....
WOW and isn't God good! The future holds so much joy for you and you will be such great parents. I am praying for a healthy baby and an uneventful pregnancy. You guys have enough on your plates to have anything else to bother you. Keep everything concerning the baby and I will help you make a scrapbook!
Love you both.

Mindy said...

Don't worry, Susan, you won't EVER forget. I still remember the first time I heard Wesley's a little over six years ago. I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it...of course, that may have something to do with the fact that he started kindergarten today.