Monday, March 20, 2006

Not Even A Hint...

Freddy T. was out of town this past weekend, so for church Sunday I was on my own. I went to Southeast Christian Church. The pastor preached on Ephesians 5:1-9. He spent a lot of time on verse 3 “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality…” You all know that there is a big problem in our society where people have lowered or eliminated completely their standard of purity. We have to go to the Bible for our standards.

Read the article below.

CLASSIFIED AD IN THE ATLANTA JOURNAL

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I'm a very good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. Rub me the right way and watch me respond. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Kiss me and I'm yours. Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy.

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society about an 8-week old black Labrador retriever.


We need to pray for our spouses, men and women alike, Christian and non-Christian that God would protect us from sexual immorality and turn towards Him. That we would hold firm to the standards He has set for us.

Susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,
What a wonderful reminder for all of us to keep our guard up, for the Devil is alive and well. What a cute story, yet shocking at the same time.

Love to you and Freddy T.

-Sharon Ruble

Lori said...

Susan,
We live in a world that is dominated by what we can get...and get right now. We must pray for purity at all times. We can be faced with the opportunity to sin at a moments notice, but we must be so sensitive that when God provides the way of escape, we are ready and responsive to follow it. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Lori

Lori said...

Susan the email address that I had for you is coming back to me. I think you still have mine, so will you email me your knew address