Saturday, September 19, 2009

Laser Pointer

Awhile back our former door man, Van, gave Jack his "flashlight." Come to find out it was a laser pointer and could be harmful to your eyes if you look directly at it. We all know a 2 year old doesn't understand "don't shine that on your face." So I hid it and Jack never mentioned it again. That laser light resurfaced while we were unpacking. I almost threw it away, but held onto it just in case we ever wanted it.

Fast forward to tonight. I promised Jack earlier this evening that we would hang out on the balcony after Lillie and Elliott went to bed. We were out there, the three of us, talking and noticed a few cats wandering around the courtyard below. I had the idea to get the laser pointer out and see if we stir the cats up any. We did! Soon 5 cats were in the courtyard. Only 2 or 3 were interested in the lights, but Freddy and I were as entertained as Jack was. Jack loves cats. Freddy and I don't! He thought it was so great that there were a few we could watch tonight. I have a feeling they are regulars.

Sometimes it's the simple things that create fun memories.

7 comments:

pam said...

Jack, I love cats too! What a precious memory. Glad yall had some alone Jack time. :) Have a blessed day of worship, praising our Lord.

Kathy said...

See, cats aren't that bad to have around! I can just hear both you and Freddy T laughing out loud!
Love, Mom

Mel said...

Gives me good memories of my father in law. He loved cats, lots of cats, I'm more of the DON'T like but anyways, Phil, Phillip, and his brother could keep the family cats entertained for hours with a laser pointer.

The Fitzgerald's said...

we show MGF the laser light and he chases it! He laughs and laughs. We all have fun!

Danielle Merante said...

love it!

Gran said...

Gran is coming tomorrow, please get rid of the CATS.........

Brittney said...

That post is hilarous! I had a great visual of what that little event must have looked like - Looks like more fun times are ahead for those cats too :)