Friday, September 01, 2006

Packages

The other day when I got home from work
there was a package on the front porch.
Anyone who knows me well knows I love getting mail. I get so excited when I see a package waiting when I get home. Since Freddy T. and I’ve been married it’s always 50/50 as to whether or not the package is for me so I’ve learned to be excited, just not too excited, so disappointment doesn’t soon follow. Well, the other day when I bent down to see who the lucky one for the day was to my great surprise it said Jack Wyatt on the address label! I promise disappointment did not follow! I went inside and opened the envelope and there was a book titled I’m Jack! Inside was a note of love and excitement from his Great Aunt Bev! The book is precious. It takes you through the day of a little boy named Jack as he thanks God for making him able to move through all his activities. It makes me wonder if this is a foreshadowing of the little boy, who is quite active these days, growing inside of me. The back cover says “Like most preschoolers Jack is wiggly, squiggly, and bursting with energy…” I think Freddy T. and I have a lot to look forward to, we can’t wait!

Looks like from here on out the chances of a package being mine is only 33.3%.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!!!!! I can't wait to read that book. I might even have to get it for Jack when he comes to Aunt Diana's house. Very sweet. I can't wait to meet Jack. Tell him the Samuels clan says Hello and we love him.

Anonymous said...

That's adorable. I love it. I'm so excited, I love new little additions the the Wyatt family.
-Hannah-

Anonymous said...

Susan!
I just made the connection. Jack, the one and the same, is a character in the little devotional book that Riley and I read. I will keep my eyes open and hopefully I can pick you up a copy. Riley will be so excited when I help her make the connection too. All three of you are in our prayers!