Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hero Highlight - Brother Don


Brother Don Zuberer (1932-2006) will forever be a hero of mine. Tuesday morning, he went to be with the One he reminded me of. His tender spirit, humble wisdom, and bold preaching reminded me of Jesus Christ. The first time I met Brother Don was after a sermon I preached on Isaiah 6 one Sunday night at FBC Clarksville. After that message, Brother Don introduced himself to me (he was the new Sr. Adult Minister at FBC) and told me that he was going to pray for me every day from then on. He didn't do it to be showy, he humbly meant it. I then had the privlege of working on staff with Brother Don at FBC when I served as the Interim Middle School Minister. When my time was wrapping up at FBC Brother Don gave me a set of A.T. Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament. These books are great resources, and I love seeing Brother Don's markings in these books. I'll never forget the only sermon I got to hear him preach. It was a powerful word from James 4:13-17 on the brevity of life. My heart is so sad to see this hero of mine go to be with our ultimate Hero. If you know Brother Don, pray for for his wife Carol with me in the coming days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to Bro. Don. We will all miss him - and that smile of his -

Freddy T. Wyatt said...

Hey...is stinky pete, Eric Stephens? let me know.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. Bro Don was the kindess man I have ever met. I love to hear him pray. He is now with the one that he lived to serve. I will miss his smile and gentle way. Rissa

Anonymous said...

Bro. Don was a great man of God. I was blessed to have the opportunity to go on visitation with him last fall. He had a tremendous spirit and I loved hearing him preach in that ol' southern drawl....stinky pete I remember that commercial. Bro Don was a smart man....he knew the Braves needed prayer and encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I had the honor to have Bro. Don as my pastor back in the 70's. I was baptized by him during my teens. I cared deeply for his family. Don